Why use the JT to 3DXML Translator
Theorem's JT to 3DXML translator enables CATIA V5 and CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE users to capture and share live, accurate 3D data quickly and easily. Once in the 3DXML format it describes 3D information in both graphic and in precise form, creating product structure, geometry and meta data such as graphical properties. JT PMI data is also converted enabling its use in 3DXML format for manufacturing purposes.
The translator enables users of CATIA V5, 3DLive and 3DVIA, to work with the 3DXML files which were originally in the JT format.
Users of CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE can use the translator within the Delmia and Enovia environments. As standard this product has been designed specifically to be incorporated into process-oriented operations and so is integrated and runs under the management of PLM, enabling CATIA 3XEDPERIENCE users to work directly with JT data.
Using the JT to 3DXML translator
The JT <> 3DXML product is a direct database converter between the JT file format, used by the Siemens VisMockup Visualization products, and the 3DXML universal, lightweight XML based format. It enables users to capture and share live, accurate 3D data quickly and easily.
Once in the 3DXML format it describes 3D information in both graphic and in precise form, creating product structure, geometry and meta data such as graphical properties.
The JT to 3DXML translator can be used in a variety of ways:
- Users of 3DLive and 3DVIA can work with the 3DXML files which were originally in the JT format.
- It can be invoked in either an interactive or batch mode.
- The command line interface allows the conversion process to be integrated into any process oriented operation e.g. create a 3DXML representation of the data while saving the 3DXML data to a data vault.
- This product has been developed using a combination of the Siemens JT Open and Dassault Systèmes strategic XCAD technology ensuring full compatibility with both systems.
- JT assembly and BREP geometry is translated into native 3DXML assembly structure and adaptive (precise) tessellation definitions.
- In addition JT tessellated data may be processed into the 3DXML tessellated output format. JT PMI (Product Manufacturing Information) is created as equivalent 3DXML structures.
- Available in 3 configurations: JT to 3DXML uni directional, 3DXML to JT uni-directional and JT <> 3DXML bi-directional
- Uses standard FLEXlm licensing technology
- An additional annual support contract is available ensuring limited product down time and ongoing compatibility with all source applications.
Gain Competitive Advantage
Theorem’s JT to 3DXML Translator
- Facilitates the re-use and sharing of 3D design data in to the lightweight visualization formats
- The use of JT format help to protect IP
- Built with development tools and APIs supplied and supported by Dassault and Siemens
- Runs independently of JT products so minimizes cost and complexity
- Product robustness is proven by daily use in the majority of the world’s leading Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Power Generation and Transportation companies and their Supply chains
Benefit from Improved....
Downstream use of your engineering data
Internal and external communication
Product and process quality
Overall productivity - data re-use
Reduction in errors - data re-use
Register now to request your free evaluation license of the Theorem CADTranslate solution.
In just a few simple steps we will be able to validate your request based upon the details you provide.