Why Use the CATIA V5 to Creo Translator
Designed to help solve the issue of working with and sharing incompatible data formats, Theorem’s CATIA V5 <> Creo translator is a high quality, cost effective translation solution.
This product is designed for companies using CATIA V5 and Creo who need an effective method of collaboration between the two mechanical CAD systems.
The CATIA V5 <> Creo translator supports collaboration between companies, their customers and suppliers enabling original 3D mechanical design data to be re-used in downstream activities helping to reduce overall project costs.
Working with original design data helps to simplify the collaboration process, improving communication and provides access to all of the data and information required to progress the product design to manufacture and then eventually to market.
What You Need to Know About Using the CATIA V5 to CREO Translator
The CATIA V5 <> CREO translator is a direct database converter between CATIA V5 and PTC Creo Parametric. It enables the user to convert all forms of mechanical design geometry, as well as assembly and attribute information, between these two systems.
This translator can be purchased as a uni-directional, CATIA V5 to PTC Creo Parametric, or PTC Creo Parametric to CATIA V5 product, or as a bi-directional product.
The CATIA V5 to CREO Translator Can Be Used in a Variety of Ways:
- The CATIA V5 to Creo translator can be used interactively or in a batch mode, using the Theorem Unified Interface.
- CAD to CAD translator converts all geometry.
- If assembly data (product structure) is in the file, the assembly structure will be mapped between the two systems as well as colour and layer information.
- The user can filter data to optimize the process.
- If you wish to visualize and interrogate the CATIA V5 or PTC Creo Parametric data this can be done by using the integrated Theorem UI, which is included with CADTranslate (previously CADverter) products.
- The Theorem UI enables: Data Translation, Pre-Post Translation Viewer, Translation Configuration Management and Metadata Viewer
- There is now a low-cost 3D PDF addon available for this CADTranslate product allowing an interactive 3D PDF document to be output. Users will have the extra benefit of a 3D publishing feature which enables the output CAD data to be published as a 3D PDF alongside the original translated format.
- An additional annual support contract is available ensuring limited product down time and ongoing compatibility with all source applications.
Which version is right for you?
For companies needing to translate CATIA V5 data Theorem provide two technology solutions, both use Dassault Systemes API tools which are supported by Dassault, they are the CAA and Interop APIs. Being supported by Dassault means data compatibility is assured, along with back up support from the vendor.
Gain Competitive Advantage
Theorem’s CATIA V5 to Creo Translator
- Facilitates the re-use and sharing of 3D design data
- Integrated directly within vendor applications but can be used in batch
- Can be integrated directly within a PLM environment
- Built with development tools and APIs supplied and supported by Dassault and PTC
- Provides support for exchanging Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) data for downstream activities
- Product robustness is proven by daily use in the majority of the world’s leading Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Power Generation and Transportation companies and their Supply chains
- Options available to Publish data to 3D PDF format to create interactive documentation from source data.
Benefit from Improved....
Downstream use of your engineering data
Internal and external communication
Product and process quality
Overall productivity - data re-use
Reduction in errors - data reuse
Supporting Model Based Engineering
Theorem’s Multi-CAD products support the translation of 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI), assembly structure, geometry, attributes and Metadata between Creo and CATIA V5 systems enabling Model-Based Engineering.
Why Theorem Solutions?
Theorem Solutions is a totally independent company but with a strong and long standing business and technical relationship with Dassault Systemes, PTC and Siemens. These relationships enable us to develop products and solutions for the CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE, PTC and Siemens users.
With the use of Dassault Systemes strategic XCAD development tools and PTC and Siemens development APIs always ensures full and ongoing compatibility, delivers high quality data and business benefits.
Register now to request your free evaluation license of the Theorem CADTranslate solution.
In just a few simple steps we will be able to validate your request based upon the details you provide.