Why Use the Inventor to JT Translator
Theorem’s Inventor to JT translator is designed for users of the Autodesk Inventor Modelling Application who have selected JT to be their visualization system. The translator enables users to translate their Inventor assembly (.iam files) and part (.ipt files) data, into the JT format for further design, review and collaboration with customers and suppliers.
The JT visualization format can be used as the main method of collaboration and communication between themselves and their customers and suppliers. Collaborating using visualization data helps to secure the intellectual property (IP) of the original designs whilst enabling its re-use in downstream activities reducing potential business risks.
JT visualization data supports a rich enough set of design data that suppliers have all of the information required to progress the product design to manufacture and then eventually to market. Using lightweight visualization data helps to simplify the entire process, improving communication and opens access to data and information that previously would only have been available to ‘Engineering’ departments.
Using the Inventor to JT translator
The Inventor to JT translator is a direct database converter between the Inventor Modelling Application and the JT file format, used by the Siemens Teamcenter Visualization products.
It enables the user to convert all forms of 3 Dimensional Mechanical Design Geometry and Assembly data, together with system defined attribute information and colour information, between these two systems.
The Inventor to JT Translator Can Be Used in a Variety of Ways:
- This product has been developed using the Autodesk Inventor Development Environment. It runs in a Windows environment.
- It can be invoked in either an interactive or batch mode.
- The command line interface allows the conversion process to be integrated into any process oriented operation e.g. create a JT representation of the data while saving the data to a Data Vault.
- Alternatively, the conversion process may be operated by using a standard Graphical User Interface. This allows casual users to make effective use of the product without needing to remember complex command syntax.
- To improve the performance of an overall conversion process, the user may select a subset of the input Inventor data to be processed allowing the conversion process to operate on only those items that are of specific interest to the user.
- Uses standard FLEXlm licensing technology
- An additional annual support contract is available ensuring limited product down time and ongoing compatibility with all source applications.
Gain Competitive Advantage
Theorem’s Inventor to JT Translator
- Facilitates the re-use and sharing of 3D design data in to the lightweight JT visualization format
- The use of JT format help to protect IP
- Built with development tools and APIs supplied and supported by Autodesk and Siemens
- Product robustness is proven by daily use in the majority of the world’s leading Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Power Generation and Transportation companies and their Supply chains
Benefit from improved....
Downstream use of your engineering data
Internal and external communication
Product and process quality
Overall productivity - data reuse
Reduction in errors - data reuse
Register now to request your free evaluation license of the Theorem CADTranslate solution.
In just a few simple steps we will be able to validate your request based upon the details you provide.