Inventor to Creo View Adapter
Why use the Inventor to Creo View Adapter
Inventor users wanting to use Creo View to enable them to visualize data for Digital Mock Up, design review or to share and use in other downstream processes can publish Inventor data directly using Theorem’s Creo View Adapter.
Collaborating using visualization data helps to secure the intellectual property (IP) of the original Inventor 3D designs whilst enabling its re-use in downstream activities reducing potential business risks.
Creo View visualization data supports a rich enough set of design data that suppliers have all of the information required to progress the product design to manufacture and then eventually to market. Using lightweight visualization data helps to simplify the entire process, improving communication and opens access to data and information that previously would only have been available to ‘Engineering’ departments.
How to use the Adapter
The Inventor Adapter for CreoView is a direct data converter between Autodesk Inventor and CreoView, PTC’s visual collaboration product. The adapter rapidly and accurately publishes 3D mechanical design geometry parts, assemblies and 2D drawings, together with attribute information to the compact formats used by the Creo View application.
The Inventor to Creo View Adapter can be used in a variety of ways:
- Available in Uni-Directional configuration from Inventor to CreoView
- Designed to be compatible with other PTC Creo View adapters, the adapter can be integrated into PTC Windchill, DIVISION Graphics Server or other PDM environments.
- The command line interface allows the conversion process to be integrated into any process oriented operation e.g. create a PTC CreoView representation of the data while saving the data to a Data Vault.
- Conversion processes can be run interactively or in batch
- Can be integrated within any workflow including the Windchill environment
- Support for data filtering optimizes data and conversion times
- The adapter directly accesses native Inventor parts, assemblies and drawing files using the Autodesk supported Inventor Apprentice programming interface.
- Assembly structure details and geometry colour information is retained during translation.
- Output file characteristics such as tessellation details are configured using the standard PTC Recipe File Editor.
- An additional annual support contract is available ensuring limited product down time and ongoing compatibility with all source applications.
Gain Competitive Advantage
Theorem’s Inventor to Creo View Adapter
- Facilitates the re-use and sharing of 3D design data in to the lightweight Creo View visualization format
- The use of Creo View formats help to protect IP
- Integrated directly within Windchill
- Built with development tools and APIs supplied and supported by Autodesk and PTC
- Product robustness is proven by daily use in the majority of the world’s leading Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Power Generation and Transportation companies and their Supply chains.
Benefit from Improved....
Downstream use of your engineering data
Internal and external communication
Product and process quality
Overall productivity - data reuse
Reduction in errors - data reuse
The Inventor Adapter for Creo View can be integrated into Windchill, which can then manage the Inventor source and the publishing of the Creo View output and any other formats produced with this Adapter. The management and synchronisation of this process ensures that the most up-to-date and correct data is available to the whole enterprise.
A Logical Approach to CAD Data Exchange
What should you consider when starting a CAD Data Exchange project?
This article aims to help people highlight, and then side-step, common problems that may occur during their data exchange lifecycle.
Register now to request your free evaluation license of the Theorem CADTranslate solution.
In just a few simple steps we will be able to validate your request based upon the details you provide.