Why Use the CATIA V5 to JT Translator
Theorem’s CATIA V5 <> JT translator is designed for companies using CATIA V5 who have selected JT to be their main method of collaboration and communication between themselves and their customers and suppliers. Collaborating using visualization data helps to secure the intellectual property (IP) of the original CATIA V5 3D designs whilst enabling its re-use in downstream activities reducing potential business risks.
JT visualization data supports a rich enough set of design data that suppliers have all of the information required to progress the product design to manufacture and then eventually to market. Using lightweight visualization data helps to simplify the entire process, improving communication and opens access to data and information that previously would only have been available to ‘Engineering’ departments.
What You Need to Know About Using the CATIA V5 to JT Translator
The CATIA V5 <> JT translator is a direct database translator between the Dassault Systemes CATIA V5 Modelling Application and the Siemens PLM JT file format.
The product can be licensed as either a single uni-direction product for CATIA V5 to JT or JT to CATIA V5. Alternatively, a bi-directional license package is available which supports both directions of translation, dependent upon requirements.
There are also specific individual versions available for use by either Ford and Daimler Suppliers - please contact us for details.
The CATIA V5 <> JT translator enables the user to convert all forms of 3D Mechanical Design Geometry and Assembly data, together with system defined attribute information and colour information, between these two systems.
The CATIA V5 to JT Translator Can Be Used in a Variety of Ways:
- This product has been developed using the Dassault Systems CATIA V5 CAA Development Environment and therefore is integrated within an existing licensed CATIA V5 installation.
- All forms of 3D wireframe, surface and solid geometry as well as assembly structure information is supported for during the translation
- The translation process can be invoked interactively from within the CATIA V5 standard menu system. Alternatively, the process can be invoked as a batch mode translation, external to the CATIA V5 application.
- The command line interface allows the process to be integrated into all workflows, including integrating the translator within a document or product lifecycle management system.
- The Theorem Unified Interface enables casual users to make effective use of the product without needing to remember complex command syntax. Predefined translator configurations that retain selected translator options can also be employed to ensure all users follow company standards for translator settings.
- Support for 3D Product Manufacturing Information from CATIA V5 into JT
- Support for data filtering optimizes data and conversion times
- There is now a low-cost 3D PDF addon available for this CADTranslate (previously CADverter) product allowing an interactive 3D PDF document to be output. Users will have the extra benefit of a 3D publishing feature which enables the output CAD data to be published as a 3D PDF alongside the original translated format.
- An additional annual support contract is available ensuring limited product down time and ongoing compatibility with all source applications.
Which version is right for you?
For companies needing to translate CATIA V5 data Theorem provide two technology solutions, both use Dassault Systemes API tools, which are supported by Dassault, they are the CAA and Interop APIs. Being supported by Dassault means data compatibility is assured, along with back up support from the vendor.
Gain Competitive Advantage
Theorem’s CATIA V5 to JT Translator
- Facilitates the re-use and sharing of 3D design data in to the lightweight Creo View visualization format
- The use of JT format help to protect IP
- Can be integrated directly within a PLM environment
- Built with development tools and APIs supplied and supported by Dassault and Siemens
- Product robustness is proven by daily use in the majority of the world’s leading Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Power Generation and Transportation companies and their Supply chains
- Options available to Publish data to 3D PDF format to create interactive documentation from source data.
Benefit from Improved....
Downstream use of your engineering data
Internal and external communication
Product and process quality
Overall productivity - data reuse
Reduction in errors - data reuse
Supporting Model Based Engineering
Theorem’s Visualize 3D for CATIA V5 <> JT supports the translation of 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI), assembly structure, geometry, attributes and Metadata between CATIA V5 and JT, enabling Model-Based Engineering.
Why Theorem Solutions?
Theorem Solutions is a totally independent company but with a strong and long standing business and technical relationship with Dassault Systemes, PTC and Siemens. These relationships enable us to develop products and solutions for the CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE, PTC and Siemens users.
With the use of Dassault Systemes strategic XCAD development tools and PTC and Siemens development API's always ensures full and ongoing compatibility, delivers high quality data and business benefits.
Register now to request your free evaluation license of the Theorem CADTranslate solution.
In just a few simple steps we will be able to validate your request based upon the details you provide.