Why Use the Creo to JT Translator
Theorem’s Creo <> JT translator is designed for companies using Creo who have selected JT to be their main method of collaboration and communication between themselves and their customers and suppliers. Collaborating using visualization data helps to secure the intellectual property (IP) of the original Creo 3D designs whilst enabling its re-use in downstream activities reducing potential business risks.
JT visualization data supports a rich enough set of design data that suppliers have all of the information required to progress the product design to manufacture and then eventually to market. Using lightweight visualization data helps to simplify the entire process, improving communication and opens access to data and information that previously would only have been available to ‘Engineering’ departments.
Using the Creo to JT translator
The PTC Creo <> JT bi-directional translator is a direct database converter between the PTC Creo modeling system and the JT file format, which is used by SIEMENS Teamcenter Visualization products.
The product has been developed using both the PTC Pro/Toolkit and the Siemens JT Open APIs. Therefore it integrates into an active PTC Creo environment but operates completely independently of any JT applications. The product requires access to a licensed copy of Creo to run.
The Creo to JT Translator Can Be Used in a Variety of Ways:
- This CADTranslate (previously CADverter) product runs from either within PTC Creo using a standard menu option or may be executed externally to PTC Creo using a standard batch processing methodology.
- The command line interface allows the conversion process to be integrated into any process oriented operation.
- The conversion process can be operated by using the Theorem Unified Interface, allowing casual users to make effective use of the product without needing to remember complex command syntax.
- When processing data from PTC Creo to JT the translator converts native assemblies or single part files to JT
- In addition, PTC Creo data containing family table instances are also supported.
- The translator is available to support multiple versions of Creo and also supports all versions of JT as used by Teamcenter Visualization.
- When processing data from Creo to JT the translator converts native assemblies or single part files to JT.
- In creating JT files a number of data types can be generated. A facetted representation, a JT Brep definition, or an XT Brep definition. As standard a facetted representation is created with the user selecting whether a JT or XT Brep is created.
- Uses standard FLEXlm licensing technology
- An additional annual support contract is available ensuring limited product down time and ongoing compatibility with all source applications.
Gain Competitive Advantage
Theorem’s Creo to JT Translator
- Facilitates the re-use and sharing of 3D design data in to the lightweight JT visualization format
- The use of JT format help to protect IP
- Built with development tools and APIs supplied and supported by PTC and Siemens
- Product robustness is proven by daily use in the majority of the world’s leading Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Power Generation and Transportation companies and their Supply chains.
Benefit from improved....
Downstream use of your engineering data
Internal and external communication
Product and process quality
Overall productivity - data re-use
Reduction in errors - data re-use
Register now to request your free evaluation license of the Theorem CADTranslate solution.
In just a few simple steps we will be able to validate your request based upon the details you provide.