Theorem’s SOLIDWORKS <> JT translator is designed for companies using SOLIDWORKS who have selected JT to be their main method of collaboration and communication between themselves and their customers and suppliers. Collaborating using visualization data helps to secure the intellectual property (IP) of the original SOLIDWORKS 3D designs whilst enabling its re-use in downstream activities reducing potential business risks.
JT visualization data supports a rich enough set of design data that suppliers have all of the information required to progress the product design to manufacture and then eventually to market. Using lightweight visualization data helps to simplify the entire process, improving communication and opens access to data and information that previously would only have been available to ‘Engineering’ departments.
Using the SOLIDWORKS to JT Translator
The SolidWorks to JT translator is a direct database converter between the SolidWorks Modelling Application and the JT file format, used by the Siemens visualization product.
It enables the user to convert all forms of 3D Mechanical Design Geometry and Assembly data, together with system defined attribute information and colour information, between these two systems.
The SOLIDWORKS to JT translator can be purchased and licensed as either a uni-directional or bi-directional solution and requires access to a licensed copy of SOLIDWORKS to run.
The SOLIDWORKS to JT Translator Can Be Used in a Variety of Ways:
The translator integrates into the SOLIDWORKS application allowing the user to export the active component or assembly into a JT representation or alternatively to import JT data into SOLIDWORKS.
- The process is controlled by the Theorem User Interface allowing the casual user to make effective use of the product without needing to remember complex command syntax.
- A configuration file enables the user to control the output JT file characteristics, such as Level Of Detail (LOD) settings and chordal deviation values to control the tessellation faceting and the inclusion of BREP representation to allow detailed object measurement within the JT application, etc.
- This translator has been created using a combination of both the SolidWorks and JTOpen development toolkits, therefore ensuring that the translator works effectively with the native data of both applications.
- The translator is available to support multiple versions of SOLIDWORKS and supports all versions of JT.
- In creating JT files a number of data types can be generated. A facetted representation, a JT Brep definition or an XT Brep definition. As standard a facetted representation is created with the user
selecting whether JT or XT Brep definition
- Uses standard FLEXlm licensing technology
- An additional annual support contract is available ensuring limited product down time and ongoing compatibility with all source applications.
Gain Competitive Advantage
Theorem’s SOLIDWORKS to JT Translator
- Facilitates the re-use and sharing of 3D design data in to the lightweight JT visualization format
- The use of JT format help to protect IP
- Built with development tools and APIs supplied and supported by Dassault and Siemens
- Product robustness is proven by daily use in the majority of the world’s leading Automotive, Aerospace, Defence, Power Generation and Transportation companies and their Supply chains.
Benefit from improved....
Downstream use of your engineering data
Internal and external communication
Product and process quality
Overall productivity - data re-use
Reduction in errors - data reuse
Register now to request your free evaluation license of the Theorem CADTranslate solution.
In just a few simple steps we will be able to validate your request based upon the details you provide.