The CADDS to NX CADverter is a direct database converter between the CADDS Modeling Application and the NX file format, used by the Siemens VisMockUp visualization product.
It enables the user to convert all forms of 3 Dimensional Mechanical Design Geometry and Assembly data, together with system defined attribute information and colour information, between these two systems.
- This product reads the CADDS data independently of CADDS
- Runs in a Windows or Unix environment
- To improve the performance of an overall conversion process, the user may select a subset of the input CADDS data to be processed allowing the conversion process to operate on only those items that are of specific interest to the user
- It can be invoked in either an interactive or batch mode.
- The command line interface allows the conversion process to be integrated into any process oriented operation e.g. create a JT representation of the data while saving the data to a Data Vault.
- Alternatively the conversion process may be operated by using a standard Graphical User Interface. This allows casual users to make effective use of the product without needing to remember complex command syntax.