Theorem Solutions are pleased to announce the release of the latest Inventor to Creo View solution from the Lightweight 3D product range, which now supports Inventor View, Inventor 2021 and 2022 and Creo View 8.0 and below.
Lightweight 3D products are aimed at creating visualization data for users of digital mock-up, virtual reality or desktop applications and for companies wanting to share Creo View data as part of a collaboration process.
Our Inventor to Creo View translator is designed for users of the Autodesk Inventor Modelling Application who have selected Creo View to be their visualization system. The translator enables users to translate their Inventor assembly (.iam files) and part (.ipt files) data, into the Creo View format for further design, review and collaboration with customers and suppliers.
It enables the user to convert all forms of 3Dimensional Mechanical Design Geometry and Assembly data, together with system defined attribute information and colour information, between these two systems.
The Inventor > CreoView Adapter can be used in a variety of ways:
- Available in Uni-Directional configuration from Inventor to CreoView
- Designed to be compatible with other PTC Creo View adapters, the adapter can be integrated into PTC Windchill, DIVISION Graphics Server or other PDM environments.
- The command line interface allows the conversion process to be integrated into any process oriented operation e.g. create a PTC CreoView representation of the data while saving the data to a Data Vault.
- Can be integrated within any workflow including the Windchill environment
- The adapter directly accesses native Inventor parts, assemblies and drawing files using the Autodesk supported Inventor Apprentice programming interface.
- Output file characteristics such as tessellation details are configured using the standard PTC Recipe File Editor.
Our solutions are built with development tools and APIs supplied and are supported by the major CAD vendors that we have strategic partnerships with. This means we do not reverse engineer and can provide you with a robust application that offers full control over data preparation and optimization for the target formats.
Our strategic partnerships with Autodesk and PTC ensures that there is parallel development between the latest releases of Inventor, Creo, and our Lightweight 3D products, allowing us to continue to provide publishing solutions for the CAD community.