Theorem are pleased to announce the release of their latest V24.1 CADverter for CATIA V5 to Creo users.
Our CADverter product translates assembly structure, geometry, attributes and where available 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) and Metadata between CATIA V5 and Creo.
V24.1 CADverter supports CATIA V5-6R2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 as well as up to and including Creo 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0.
The CATIA V5 <> CREO CADverter is a direct database converter between CATIA V5 and Creo. It enables the user to convert all forms of mechanical design geometry, as well as assembly and attribute information, between these two systems.
The aim of the CADverter is to allow the user to translate any data that they have held in a CATIA format and make it useable in Creo for various use cases, whether the downstream user wants a lightweight reference part to model around, or a precise copy of the data translated to allow measurement and editing of translated models.
The CATIA V5 to Creo CADverter:
- Can be used interactively or in a batch mode, using the Theorem Unified Interface.
- CADverter converts all geometry.
- If assembly data (product structure) is in the file, the assembly structure will be mapped between the two systems as well as colour and layer information.
- The user can filter data to optimize the process.
- If you wish to visualize and interrogate the CATIA V5 or PTC Creo Parametric data this can be done by using the integrated Theorem UI, which is included with CADverter.
- The Theorem UI enables: Data Translation, Pre-Post Translation Viewer, Translation Configuration Management and Metadata Viewer
Our solutions are built with development tools and APIs supplied and are supported by the major CAD vendors that we have strategic partnerships with. This means we do not reverse engineer and can provide you with a robust application that offers full control over data preparation and optimization for the target formats.
Our strategic partnerships with Dassault Systemes and PTC ensures that there is parallel development between the latest releases of CATIA V5 and Creo, and Theorem’s CADverter products, allowing us to continue to provide data solutions for the CAD community.
Find more information on CATIA V5 to Creo here.